Outdoor Mug with Clip Grip™
$20 (purchase HERE)
Test period: 6 months
Field Tester: James B.
I love my Stanley Outdoor Mug. But then again, you might say I’m biased. I have three Stanley thermoses of varying size and all of them perform well. That is to be expected. Stanley thermoses after all, are legendary.
But legendary performance alone is not enough to get my approval when it comes to travel mugs. First of all, it has to be stainless. Second, it cannot leak. And third, it must keep its contents hot for a reasonable amount of time. Not overly demanding requests given the intended use of the item. But I have owned many travel mugs, and few have met these requirements.
- Clip Grip™ handle. Clips to pack.
- Double-wall construction. Takes a beating and still performs.
- Stainless steel. Built tough. No liners/coatings.
- Sturdy build. Solid from camp to work.
What they had to say:
Clips to your pack.
The perfect backwoods traveler, this camp mug clips to your pack, leaving room for that extra warm layer. Leak-proof lid keeps coffee warm and you dry. -Stanley
Pros and Cons:The Stanley Outdoor Mug easily meets its design/intended-use expectations and then some. As a carpenter, an added bonus is the tough, almost industrial design. This mug can take a solid fall. The Clip Grip™ is handy as well. I sometimes clip it to my hammer loop on my pants, or to the outside of my backpack. And in both cases, tests with liquid resulted in no leaks.It is definitely leak proof, a must when working in finished units. Stainless steel interior, with a BPA free plastic/stainless steel lid ensure a clean taste.
With a 16 oz capacity, it holds just the right amount of liquid for its ability to keep that liquid hot. Since I’ve owned this mug, I have actually noticed my morning coffee consumption has been reduced. I find that the mugs double wall construction keeps my coffee hot much longer than my other travel mugs. And when you combine that with the mugs screw top design, I seem to nurse my coffee a little longer. I have found it to keep my coffee plenty warm well over two hours. Keep in mind that that is with me opening the top to take regular sips. Liquid will stay hot much longer if you keep the contents full and keep the top sealed. The screw top design is not ideal when operating a motor vehicle. It can be done though, and is much safer than texting while driving.
Overall: It is by far my favorite travel mug and I would highly recommend it, especially to those who have been searching for the perfect mug. It may not be perfect, but it is the closest any mug I have owned has come to perfection. It’s remarkable how many people comment on its cool design and ask where they can pick one up.
The good people at Stanley gave me two of these to give away. Each of the following get’s you an entry, there are 8 chances to win!
- “Liking” both Stanley & Adventures of Scatman on Facebook
- Since so many of you have already “Liked” both Stanley and AOS on Facebook I’ll make it fair for you and if you get a friend to like both I’ll give you and them a point. Just have them leave a comment saying who told them to “Like” us so I can track it.
- Follow @scatmanAT on Twitter
- Follow @Stanley_PMI on Twitter
- Link to this post on your blog/website
- Sharing this post on Facebook (hint: there is a FB share button on the bottom of this post)
- Leaving a comment on this post telling me you did any of the above, and why you want to win
- Finally Tweet the below message
I just entered the win a @Stanley_PMI Outdoor Mug w/ Clip Grip on the @scatmanat website
The contest starts today Monday 2/14 and ends Friday 2/25. Winners will be announced on the 25th at noon. Good luck!
Get out there!