$180 (purchase HERE)
Test Period: 4 months
Field Tester: Scatman
I haven’t been this excited about a piece of gear in a while. I hounded the poor guys at Gyst until they got me a BP 1-11 to test. I had previously tested the Duffel 1-10 by Gyst and was sold on the concept instantly. No matter what sport you’re into we’ve all wished we had a simple, clean and efficient place to change. Before you go run out and buy a Sprinter Van so you can stop putting on a contortionist show for those watching you change in your car or truck, take a look at the BP 1-11.
Gyst has made changing after a workout simple. The BP 1-11 like all their products converts into a changing mat/station that supplies a clean/dry place to stand while you change; storage for your wet or sweaty clothes as well as a place for dry clean ones to put on and on top of all that there’s other pockets for keys, food, glasses and anything else you might need. The BP 1-11’s waterproof changing compartment has a foldable drain and is ideal for carrying a wet suit or any other piece of wet gear. Opposite of the changing compartment is another that is big enough for not one but two pairs of shoes.
Gyst has incorporated a lot of little details into the BP 1-11 too: Key holder, sunglasses pocket with soft interior, internal tie downs, elastic shockcord (perfect for a helmet), waterproof zippers, storage bag for dirty clothes, haul loops, compression straps, even a small pocket inside the changing compartment, and dual access to storage compartment. The pack has 3 large main pockets which can hold up to a 17″ laptop.
- XCP system
- Combination of magnets/hooks and loops for ease of use of the 3 compartments
- 20 Magnets provides closure on inner compartments for quick access
- Dual access to storage compartment to allow you to load the bag closed and access your gear once opened
- Water repellent fabric and waterproof zippers
- PU coated fabric expose to the ground with abrasion resistant Hypalon® patch over magnets
- Bottom flap with adjustable and replaceable elastic and nylon hook (yellow) keeping compartments together
- 3 Large size top-loading compartment (fitting a 17″ laptop)
- Foldable drain to evacuate remaining water
- Luxury side pocket soft lining for electronic devices, sunglasses
- 2 front and 2 side pockets
- Front gusset construction to allow pocket extension
- Side wax pocket in transition compartment
- Breathable padded back panel
- Side spacer mesh bottle holder
- G1 and G2 set of woven label indicating in which order to open the compartments
- Reinforced ripstop bottom
- Ideal loading capacity 16lbs (heavy load could disconnect some magnets)
We designed our transition pack to be the most innovative changing bag in its category. -GYST
Pros and Cons: Pros: simple, efficient, bomb proof, versatile and functional. The other big Pros is the quality of the craftsmanship. This bags are built with extreme care and it shows. Cons: size in regards to being on a bike. (note I don’t think it was design for commuting) Forces you to learn to close pockets when done, if not you will dump your shit out when converting the pack. Some might say price but when you weigh your options, it’s a no brainer.
Overall: This pack is amazing. It does everything you want and solves the issue of the dreaded post workout changing session. Combine this fully functional pack with a sarong and you can change just about anywhere you want. It might be advertised as a transition bag but any athlete looking to simplify their gear and how they get dressed up or down will love this bag. The more I use this bag the more I love it!
Get out there!