Flap Jack Pack
I first received my Osprey Flap Jack Pack as part of my sponsorship package from Superfeet. It stood out from all of the other items they had sent me. I now use it everyday commuting to work. Does it work, YES. As far as packs go it’s got clean lines and isn’t full of extras hanging off all over the place. That’s not to say Osprey didn’t put some serious thought into this pack. The attention to detail does not go unnoticed.
Colors available: Khaki, Black, Pepper
- Waist Strap
- Chest Strap (height is adjustable as well)
- Haul Loop
- Mesh back panel for ventilation
- 1 side pocket (big enough for 32+ oz bottle or bigger)
- Loop for tail light
- 1 front zippered pocket
- 1 open front pocket with Velcro closure (which includes two mesh pockets inside, 1 marked for audio device; and a key chain holder)
- 1 main compartment with laptop sleeve which has large Velcro closure to ensure you don’t lose your computer. Compartment has drawstring closure.
- Top Flap closure with buckles
- It also has wire routers to hold the cord of your MP3 player
- There are reflective ascents on flap closure straps (which you get three extra of different color to customize your bag) for safety as well as on the sides of the flap itself.
Osprey claim it’s 25L/ 1500 cu. in. and 2 bls. 2 oz. and fits a laptop up to 15.4″
Flap Jack Pack
Men’s Performance Flap Style Daypack
These active everyday packs offer gender specific sizing and styling along with comfortable Osprey carry and smart functionality. All styles carry laptops safely and securely – along with everything needed for a busy day around town.
The pack itself is made from a heavy duty synthetic material, possibly Cordura. While the inside looks to be nylon, which has a cool print. I have loaded this pack up many times and it carries loads well. It does not shift while climbing out of the saddle on my bike. It has a stylish look and attracts the eye. So far I have not used it in any heavy rain but I did use it in some light rain. The contents stayed dry and the pack itself dried quickly. (Note: I have now used it in heavy rain and the contents stayed perfectly dry. The pack also dries fast was well)
Pros & Cons: Pros: This bag rocks. From the large main compartment to the tiny cord keepers to hold your MP3 cord, this bag is filled with features. It’s stylish and functional. Cons: The only thing I wish it has was some sort of strap keepers for the extra strap material on the shoulder and waist straps. They flap around a lot while at high speed on the bike, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Overall: Great pack with attention to detail. Looks good, fits good, and carriers loads well. I can’t say enough about it. I use it daily. It’s safe to say Osprey has made another great pack.
Get out there!