Bikepack racing is generally not organized, no entry fees are collected or prizes given out, but there are a general set of guidelines all bikepacking races follow. As a result the rules are designed to create a level playing field for all who decide to participate.
*Note these rules are the general rules for bikepack racing and each event may have their own specific rules and they also change from time to time. With that said it’s important you read and understand the official rules which can be found at the link below.
1. Racers must completely cover the route under their own power.
2. No outside support is allowed.
3. Food/supply caching on the trail is not allowed ahead of time (but one can ship items to a Post Office).
4. Motorized transportation or hitch-hiking, EXCEPT for travel to hospital/medical care, is NOT allowed at anytime.
The following are allowed, but not encouraged. Please use sparingly.
5. Unintended assistance from fellow racers is ACCEPTABLE.
6. Trail magic is OK – but please, no begging or fishing (hinting).
7. Mailing resupplies to Post Offices is ACCEPTABLE.
For full rules visit TourDivide.org.
No entry fee, no prizes, absolutely no support